When I have received an invitation from Nestle to witness the grand launch of this new product at the Blue Leaf Events Pavillion in McKinley Hills, Taguig, I was very curious as they only sent me this note: See you for the unveiling of a first in the world product by MAGGI.
So when I finally saw their product and tried it first hand, I was all-smile. Sana may ganito na nung estudyante pa ako sa UP. Cooking would have been easier for me! 🙂
Maggi Magic Meal: Revealed
A Maggi Magic Meals pack is a recipe solution that allows us to cook stewed or masarsa dishes while cooking our rice. Yes, this new product allows us to cook viand and rice at the same time and in the same pot! Perfect for busy moms and students right?
Maggi Magic Meals come in four variants – Lechon Paksiw, Chicken Afritada, Bicol Express and Chicken Pastel – at P35 per pack that can cook 1/2 kilogram of chicken or pork.
The MAGGI MAGIC MEALS pack has a dual chamber containing the MAGGI MAGIC RECIPE MIX and the MAGGI MAGIC COOKING BAG. The MAGGI MAGIC RECIPE MIX guarantees a complete and proper blend of flavors, there is no need to add anything else except the fresh meat and vegetables. The MAGGI MAGIC COOKING BAG, on the other hand, guarantees that the “ulam” can be cooked together with rice using a rice cooker.
|Media representatives experiencing first hand Maggi’s new revolutionary product that promises to help modern homemakers whip up freshly cooked meals in an instant!|
|They, too, experienced the magic of freshly cooked meals!|
- Place your chicken or pork pieces together with thinly sliced vegetables inside the MAGGI MAGIC COOKING BAG (chicken has to be scored or sliced lightly 3 times per side to ensure thorough cooking; pork pieces need to be sliced into thin strips)
- Add the MAGGI MAGIC RECIPE MIX which contains a complete blend of flavors to create a delicious stew. No need for additional ingredients, except the fresh meat and vegetables.
- Add 6 tbsps. of water into the cooking bag.
- Massage the bag gently to dissolve the mix, then seal the bag by tying a knot.
- Place the cooking bag flatly on top of washed rice, then start cooking the rice as you normally would. After 45 mins, both rice and “ulam” are ready to serve!