Keeping My Child Safe
- Since the boy is attracted to reaching something up high and that he has this tendency to prop himself up using a chair or his toy boxes, I make sure not to display anything that would prompt him to climb and reach out for it.
- I softened sharp edges by putting corner guards because the boy loves to drive his little car around!
- I make sure that he is never out of sight when he plays and that that his toys meet the safety standards before he could hold them (I worry a lot on lead poisoning!).
- That our gate is locked at all times because he is interested in snooping to bike around the neighbourhood by himself too!
- I also make sure that his food and water intake is safe.
Why did I choose Wilkins? You may ask. It’s because it is distilled, thus safe. It was actually my sister-in-law Pet who first advised me to have Kyle drink Wilkin’s because it is the brand of my nieces’ drinking water. Since I always look up to ate Pet (she is a very OC mom too, she does her own research on the products she purchases before her children use them), I listened to her. True, our kids never had waterborne sickness because their water is very safe.
Get Published in Smart Parenting and Watch Your Story on TV!
Calling all moms who are 18 years old and above! Submit your story at Smart Parenting page for Wilkins story contest . You may write in English, Tagalog, or Tag-lish!
In 400 words or less, write about how you give your family the best love and care. You may include the challenges you faced, the lengths you ’ve gone to, or the sacrifices and difficult choices you needed to make!
What are the prizes?
Writers of the five (5) selected stories will each receive P5,000 cash and P5,000 gift certificates for Wilkins products and the grand winner (whose story will be turned into film) will receive P10,000 cash and P10,000 gift certificates for Wilkins products!
*Some talking points were suggested by the sponsor but story and opinions written are mine.