If the string of rainy days in a row is now making your kid feeling bored, stop letting the rainy days spoil the fun. Quick! Here are some fun rainy day games and activities you can bring indoor now that your kids can’t go outdoor!
1. Paint and draw. Hone your kid’s motor skills and artistic understanding through painting and drawing activities. Have your kid draw or paint things that interest him such as sun, cars and trees. Don’t forget to hang his drawing on the wall to give him a sense of achievement!
2. Create an indoor tent. Bring out your kid’s tent or build a tent out of blankets and chairs. To create that camping mood, have him use a flashlight and then teach the “Campfire” song you have long ago learned. Do you still remember this?
Camp fire’s burning, camp fire’s burning
Draw nearer, draw nearer,
In the glowing, in the glowing
Come sing and be merry!
After enjoying singing the song together, how about setting indoor activities such as “Name that Tune”?
3. Watch the rain. Don’t think that this activity is boring. Toddlers enjoy singing the song “Rain, Rain Go Away” and this is just the perfect time to sing the song. Experts say that the language experience approach is a very effective way to have our kids learn new words.
4. Make paper airplanes. Using previously drawn-on papers, teach your toddler how to make paper planes. The step-by-step guide on creating one is found here. After creating airplanes, have an airplane relay with your child!
5. Turn your laundry basket into a boat. Toddlers enjoy play pretends. How about turning your laundry basket into a boat? I have taken this cool idea here.
6. Create an in-home theater. Turn your room into a mini-theater while you and your toddler watch his favorite movie. Set up pillows and chairs, pop up the corn and you are ready for a movie date!
Other Rainy Day Related Posts
Here are other resources online where you can find cool rainy day activities for your kids.
The fun doesn’t have to end when the rain begins. Try these Rainy Day Activities and Games for your Kids or come up with your own trick to ignite creative play.
Let us all stay safe,and warm these rainy and stormy days, moms!
Credits: Inner Child Fun