Searching for a writing prompts for Kindergarten? I have a shortlist for you! We all want to have little writers, right moms? You are so right on having your kid write at a young age. Here are some goldmine of creative writing prompts for the little ones to prime the pump!
The creative writing prompts listed here are created for the little hands and over-sized pencils of kids in Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2. Some of these prompts are fun and playful, while others will make your child think about age-appropriate issues.
Creative Writing Prompts for Kids
- How do you feel on a rainy day?
- When was your first plane trip? Tell us how it was!
- Imagine that you have found a magic wand and you can do anything you wish with it. What will you do?
- What is your favourite animal? What makes that animal your favourite?
- My most unforgettable birthday party was…
- Describe your favourite pet.
- The happiest day I had with mom was when…
- I love my teacher because…
- Do you have a best friend? Think of great adjectives to describe your friend!
- Imagine that you are in Disneyland right now. What do you see and what will you do?
- Write a poem about your favourite person.
- If your mom allows you to go on a vacation to any part of the world right now, where will you go? Why?
- Complete this story starter: One day, I saw a little puppy in our yard…
- What is your favourite toy?
- If I were a fairy I’d…
- If you could fly, where will you go first?
- I am happy when…
- I feel sad when ____________ because _______.
- If your pet could talk, what are the questions you would ask him/her?
- When I grow up I would become a ______________ because __________
Write a story with the following titles:
21. What Makes My Dad The Best Dad in the World
22. My Three Wishes
23. The Best Gift I’ve Ever Received
24. My Most Unforgettable Trip
25. My First Pet
More Writing Prompt Resources
If you wish to find more writing prompt resources on-line, here are some of my favorite sites to visit when I run out of prompts to use when I teach:
Journal Writing is an excellent way for kids to strengthen their writing skills and can also make them very creative and imaginative. Inspire your children to write with some of these writing prompts for kindergarten and watch their imagination and creativity soar!