Wondering how to plan your menu for your kid’s birthday party? Top your food with fun elements and you are sure to set the party mood! Yup, keep your menu simple but be sure to dab some creativity. Serve something that is easy-to-eat, cheerful and colorful and you know that you’re doing it right!
Hello, party planning moms and dads! Welcome to the second installment of our Party Planning Printables series. Today on the blog, it’s all about planning your kid’s birthday party menu. To make party planning easy for you, I’ve created a printable menu planer for your kid’s birthday!
Tips On How to Plan Your Menu for Kid’s Birthday Party
What do you usually consider when writing down your menu plans? Before I give you your printable meal planner copy, let’s talk about some menu planning basics. Let me share what’s in my menu planning checklist.
- Party theme. Yes, this is the very first thing that I usually consider. I love it when my party meals are in theme. You would never want to serve soda on a lemonade-themed party, right? It’s always nice to keep your menu aligned with the theme!
- Time of the party. Knowing the time of the day the party will be held makes it easy for me to decide on what to serve. Will it be an afternoon party? Then easy snacks will be fine!
- Number of guests. It’s frustrating to have loads of party leftovers, right? Knowing the number of guests should give you an idea on how much to buy when you go food shopping. Remember, kids don’t usually eat a lot on parties. They are more likely there to play and have some fun!
- Indoor, outdoor? I am a big fan of outdoor parties! (I always like to throw a simple backyard party) To add some fun to your menu just in case you’re doing it outdoors, maybe you should set-up a little grill station for the bigger kids. My son Kyle loves roasting his own food, and so a grilling station is something that I always like to have.
- Healthy menu and dietary restrictions. Keeping your menu for kid’s birthday party as healthy as possible is a must. And yeah, you should not forget the kids with food allergies and dietary restriction!
- Meal planner. To keep my parties organized, I usually have my own party planner to keep all my ideas and tasks in one place. I am sharing one with you today!
Party-Planning Guide: Free Menu Planner
Make your party a hit, here’s a sweet little party planner to assist you in planning your menu for your kid’s birthday. Do grab your copy HERE and print it in a standard, letter-size paper! Also, do not forget to visit the index page of Shining Mom’s Party Planning series so you are sure to catch all the party planning printable essentials!
Happy party planning, moms and dads! May the party you’re organizing be an awesome one!